Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre 13-AF012DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So, bought this Spectre on 2/5/18, a little over a year and a half ago. A couple of weeks ago, noticed it was getting burning hot when it ran an update. Last week, after "updating" it crashed. Took it to Geek Squad, they attempted, and even thought they had found the problem which was a corrupt update. Got it back last Saturday. Upon turning it on, it once again said to "hard drive" was needed. Took it back to Geek Squad on that afternoon. They checked it out, and said it needed a new hard drive. Okay, no problem, even though I had already forked out $1200.00 on this laptop. Got a phone call Tuesday night, and guess what, they can't put a new hard drive in! Either over heating caused warping, or there was a product malfunction upon assembly. Either way, now have this dead laptop which can't be repaired. I bought this based on a rep at Best Buy last year, which I will never do again. I should have done my research because if I had, I would have seen the reviews about the over heating issue! Thanks for taking my money, knowing you have a problem, and knowing once this happens this thing can't be fixed! I see you are still having this issue too on the new models. Heads up, I am going to plug this junker back in, attach a thermometer to it, snap the picture, t[edit]! This thing is a fire hazard once it goes into the over heating mode. So grateful my daughter's legs weren't burned by it. So grateful it did not catch my house on fire since we are usually sitting in bed, and put it there when done in the evening. If I hadn't noticed how hot it was, how it was not putting itself to sleep, I don't even want to think about what could have happened. I will never buy another HP product ever again after this fiasco. Lesson learned, and now off to go buy a laptop that will not over heat, and possibly catch something on fire. Yes, it was that dang hot! Fix your problems HP, you know they exist. In the meantime, I'll be spreading the word about not buying this piece of junk!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Brengal

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.