06-10-2014 01:02 PM - last edited on 03-07-2017 09:45 AM by OscarFuentes
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.
I understand you want to wipe the hard drive so you can sell the notebook. First please stop the existing process. If you are unable to cancel it then just restart the notebook.
I would do a system recovery back to factory, which will delete all you data. As you did not provide the Operating System you are running, I am provided more then one option. You will need to select the correct one.
Please provide me any details, if you would like further assistance.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)