Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_1962103C&REV_04 for a PCI simple communications controller.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_1962103C&REV_04
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_1962103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&CC_0780

HP ENVY 15-j000 quad edition

HP Recommended

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and/or product number of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer or inside the battery compartment. Please do not include your serial number.

hp label.png

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A&SUBSYS_1962103C&REV_04 = Intel(R) Management Engine Interface

Please indicate what operating system you need assistance with.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

product: c8p48av

model: 15t-j000

rev: 1962-100

Some reason the HP device detector thinks it's a j092nr but the label clearly says j000 (which I ordered a 15-j000 quad so the tag better be right)

HP Recommended

Normally a number like 15-j000 (what I call a "null" model) represents a series number, where the actual model will be something like 15-092nr or it could represent a CTO (configure-to-order) model.

Here is the HP ENVY 15t-j000 Quad Edition CTO Notebook PC Drivers page for your computer, which happens to be exactly the same as the HP ENVY 15-j092nr Notebook PC Drivers page. For these models, HP appears to be providing Windows 8 drivers only. The specific driver for the provided "Hardware Ids" is the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver. This is an HP provided driver and may be for Windows 8 only. If you need a Windows 7 version of this driver, please try this Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver or visit the Intel Download Center to locate the driver.

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended
I'm running Windows 8 Pro so that's fine by when I try to install it states I don't meet the min requirements.
HP Recommended

I would suggest going to the Intel Download Center and getting the driver from there. Depending on how you went from Windows 8 (HP provided) to Window 8 Pro could affect the outcome. If you "clean" installed Win8Pro and left the HP provided OS in the dust, the generic Intel driver should work. If you upgraded inplace, you may find issues with both downloads.

Frank

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.