04-14-2013 03:25 AM
I have a Pavilion dm1 for which I have tried to create a Recovery Set using a USB flash drive. However, on starting the Recovery Manager, I find I can only use discs......but the Pavilion dm1 has NO disc drive and no facility therefore to burn discs!!! Am I wrong to be completely puzzled by this? Does anyone have any idea at all, other than to purchase an external disc drive which I really do not want to do?? HP will sell me a Recovery Set but again ONLY ON DISC!! Seems absurd that a piece of kit that has no disc drive will only be able to be recovered using a disc! I confess to being a bit computer illiterate so maybe I am missing something. Any help most gratefully accepted.
Solved! View Solution.
04-15-2013 02:32 PM - last edited on 02-23-2017 05:16 PM by OscarFuentes
04-16-2013 08:17 AM
04-16-2013 11:26 AM
Thank you so much. I will give it a try in the next few days (I am away from my home right now) and will definately let you know how it works.
Thank you again for taking the time to help me.
04-16-2013 11:51 AM
04-18-2013 12:07 AM
Thank you......it worked.....flash drive now put away in a safe place!! Do you know, I looked everywhere on the HP site for this before writing here! Oh well! Really appreciate your help.
04-18-2013 07:57 AM
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)