Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a HP Pavilion x2 10-n054na laptop, whose operating system was completely corrupt.

The operating system was wiped so it has no OS at all on it, but no matter which method i try, the laptop wont detect the USB stick for install.

I have tried the Windows 7 CD\DVD tool with Windows 10 ISO, Windows 10 media creator tool and rufus with all possible combinations with a Windows 7,8 and 10 ISO.

All the same result, no operating system installed and no USB stick detected.

Knowing HP as I do, is there a special ISO that needs to be installed in some way, while dancing around a cross and praying to the gods to help?

Thanks for any assistance and hopefully making the 20+ hours wasted so far, worth it in the end.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@MonkeyJam 

Hello;
Allow me to welcome you to the HP Support Community!

You said your OS was "completely corrupt" -- so HOW did that happen, and HOW did you determine it was actually corrupted?

You also said you "wiped" the OS -- which requires a third-party product to BOOT the PC from (since it can't wipe the partition is it actually using) and since you also say you can't boot from USB, then HOW did you "wipe" the PC?

We can proceed when you provide the information.
Thanks

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi WAWood

The laptop was actually given to me in its current state, so I dont know how it was corrupted (thought it was easier to explain from 1st person).

I do know that the previous user used a USB stick to boot to recovery, then use cmd and diskpart to delete all partitions hoping to be able to reinstall windows, so the disk is now completely blank.

It could boot from USB before, but now it wont even recognise that a boot device is even plugged in.

I presume there is a boot device from HP, but paying for this when the laptop is worth about £30, isn't worth it.

Thanks for any possible help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.