Post new question
Message 1 of 2 (241 Views)

Pavilion x2 detachable laptop not responding!

Product Name: Pavilion x2 210
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My pavilion is not respoinding properly.

1 month ago, the laptop/tablet locked after a hardware issue and needed a bitlocker key to open it. After some time finding it and a few problems from microsoft, the laptop was in working order as of yesterday. However, the audio was missing (I assume that's why the laptop locked itself?? I'm not a large techy person!). As I could not restore the audio, I decided to do a reset with files still intact. This got to 44% and then came up with a response along the lines of; "Cannot reset due to an issue. Please try again later." This led me back to two options; revert back and load windows 10 or to retry. I retried a few more times with the same error message and two options. I'd decided after that not working, I'd try and revert back and reload windows 10. After this, the only thing my laptop now does is load the HP symbol, move to a black screen and repeat. I've tried hard resets and attempting to diagnose the problem with F2, yet this did not help at all as all 'passed' bar the audio which could not be detected.

Any help would be great! Thanks.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (183 Views)

Re: Pavilion x2 detachable laptop not responding!

[ Edited ]

Hi @AmyyLou,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! Smiley Happy Good Day! Smiley Happy Hope you are doing well. Smiley Happy I reviewed the post about sound and lockup issues on your computer. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you here.  Smiley Happy

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. Smiley Happy I have reviewed the situation and it is paramount that we address your issue. Thank you for giving us the privilege to assist you on this platform. Smiley Happy  Stupendous diagnosis and troubleshooting were done before posting your query. Smiley Happy Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy

The computer I think went with windows 10 64 bit version.

Please contact HP to order recovery media for the computer. Link:

Please select the country and type the product# of the unit. Then follow the on-screen instructions to reach phone support.

Once the Recovery media is delivered please visit this link to perform a complete system recovery to factory settings:

and select the most relevant option that best describes your situation.

If  audio issues persist then visit this link for troubleshooting sound related issues:

Then please update the bios, chipset and audio drivers from this link: Please select the country and type the product/# of the unit and follow the on-screen instructions. this is only for sound realted issues if the problems persist in future.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

Happy holidays to you and your family. Smiley Happy

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation