04-21-2017 04:03 AM
Hi. My HP Pavillion stopped working, I believed it to be the battery going dead. So I plugged it in to charge, but now it fails to start up. Screen and fan come on for about half a second and then switches off. If I take the battery out, it won't do anything at all. The white led next to the power port is orange when battery is on the computer, white when battery is off.
Any ideas please, my wife needs the computer to continue her studies.
Could the battery be faulty and not letting the computer boot up? Why isn't the computer turning on without the battery? I thought it could run with it off. Could the charger be faulty?
Thanks in advance.
04-21-2017 06:58 AM
Click the "THUMBS UP ICON" to say "Thank you" and the "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find this fix/answer easily
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)