Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (115 Views)

Please help me to get the operating system recovery image

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Elitebook 2570p
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Good evening. I own a HP Elitebook 2570p laptop [personal information removed]. Recently, my laptop's hard drive began to make loud noises and the work was generally slow. I see the need to replace the hard disk with a new one, however, since the laptop is used for business, it is important for me that the operating system be licensed. Replacing the hard drive, I will need to restore the system restore image from the recovery section - the problem is how to get this image? The laptop has the HP Disk Creator software installed, but the notebook itself is not equipped with a drive for reading and writing CD or DVD disks. Copy the image to the USB flash drive this program does not allow. Help please install the program HP Recovery manager or send me an image recovery system for my laptop (Windows 7 Professional 32 bit). I have the right to one purchase of an image of the recovery of the operating system, but the set of tools provided by the HP company complete with the laptop does not allow me to get it myself and legally.

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 3 (91 Views)

Re: Please help me to get the operating system recovery image

Click on the Start button and type Backup and then click on the Backup and Restore search result. This will open the Windows 7 File Recovery application

To create a system image, click on the Create a system image option. This will open a Window where you can select the backup device you wish to use to store the System Image.

Select the Hard disk option then change location to your USB.

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 3 (76 Views)

Re: Please help me to get the operating system recovery image

As far as I understand, the method proposed by you will make the image of the entire system in the state in which it is now (including copying data on drive C) - this is not exactly what I need. I need to make an image of only the sections Recovery, System, HP tools, in order to be able to install the operating system Windows 7 pro again, by formatting the new hard disk and returning the laptop with the new hard disk to the factory state. as far as I understand for this and there is a program HP Recovery manager, which I ask to give me the opportunity to install.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation