Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Press the ESC key for Startup Menu ( Stop here & not start Windows  )

Hp Pavilion DV5-1040ee ( Windows VISTA )

Please help

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

Can you enter BIOS setup by tapping F10 key immediately after powering on? If so go to Diagnostics and test your hdd.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

when i Press F10 not work.Stop title menu

HP Recommended

Remove the hdd and see if it will boot. Do you have Recovery Disks?

HP Recommended

i have recovery disk.but when i run recover disk not work & stop on hp logo ( title menu )

HP Recommended

Did you try removing the hdd to see if it will boot into BIOS? A bad or loose hdd can cause a no- boot .

HP Recommended

Thanks.The problem was solved

HP Recommended

You're welcome. Removing the hdd resulted in ability to boot?

HP Recommended

Thanks!! Taking out the hard drive and simply re-attaching it a little tighter worked for me...I guess it was a bit loose. Thanks!!!

HP Recommended

@smpeguero

You're quite welcome.Sometimes just reseating the hdd does the trick... Glad it worked for you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.