01-08-2012 07:34 AM
I have bought a HP Envy 17" 3 weeks ago.
Product no. A2Q40EA#UUW.
After setup I updated OS from Windows 7 Home Premium to Win 7 Pro right away, so I don't know if the same would have happened with the original OS.
Keep having a couple of problems.
1. The keyboard keeps skipping letters when I type.
2. Several times the machine wouldn't start. The start button is lit and TAB is blinking. When I keep turning it on and off, a BIOS recovery will run and then it works fine again.
3. Twice the computer simply shut down without warning.
I have downloaded and installed all drivers from the HP support page.
Anybody out there who knows what's wrong?
01-08-2012 04:14 PM - edited 01-09-2012 01:28 PM
If you can return it to place of purchase for a full refund or a replacement in a sealed factory box, I think you got a bad one.
HP warranty is a real pain to deal with, return it to place of purchase if you can.
01-08-2012 11:58 PM
01-09-2012 11:22 AM
Hello icp_wolverine. Thanks for the link. It confirmed my suspicion: 1 blink of CAPS LOCK means something wrong with the CPU. Gonna send it to HP for repair.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)