Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (487 Views)

Probook 4530s and Windows 10

Product Name: HP ProBook 4530s
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm having some trouble getting Windows 10 installed properly:

How did you guys even get the HP 4530s to get the right Display Drivers for Windows 10, it looks like HP still hasn't released updated drivers for the 4530s...

I have a ProBook 4530s running Windows 7 64bit Home edition. When I did the Windows 10 upgrade about a month ago, the installation appeared successful, but upon booting the computer, at the sign on screen (with the rocky beach picture with the ocean in the background) the screen would just flicker and not allow me to sign in or go past that point. So I went back to Windows 7.

It appears to be a display driver issue but I see that HP has not released any display drivers for Windows 10 for the ProBook 4530s. Even if I had the driver's ready on an external flash drive or something, how am I supposed to install them if the screen keeps flickering and not allowing me to get to the desktop. I have also hooked up an external monitor and the same thing happens... 

How do I get the proper drivers installed -especially Display and Wireless Networking drivers,,,,before doing the upgrade attempt again to Windows 10?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 4 (460 Views)

Re: Probook 4530s and Windows 10

hp36889

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Hp stopped developing new Win10 drivers for Win8 laptops some time ago, so there are not going to be any Win10 drivers for your laptop.

However, what MIGHT work is installing the Win8.1 drivers -- as they are often compatible with Win10.

You can get them from this link: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=5060881&lang=en&cc=us

Change the Operating System pulldown to Win8.1 and download the display drivers.

You will probably need to do that using a different PC, but then copy the downloaded file onto your PC and run it to install the drivers.

You might have to install the drivers using compatibility mode: http://www.windows10forums.com/articles/compatibility-mode.7/

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, thanks for the response.

". Even if I had the driver's ready on an external flash drive or something, how am I supposed to install them if the screen keeps flickering and not allowing me to get to the desktop."

I installed Windows 10 again. I booted into Safe Mode with Networking, but it says I can't run Windows Update (to get the latest drivers) when in Safe Mode...

Update: In Safe Mode with Networking, I tried to have it auto update the driver, that failed. Then I tried to double click the executable in the 286mb driver package at the link you pointed to, that failed too. I don't know why the drivers are not installing -- I should be able to install display drivers while in Safe Mode right? Because I definitely can't load them while in Non-safe mode (flashing screen before I even get to the log on screen)....

I'm stuck here... 

Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (343 Views)

Hi I get the same laptop but after I install win 19 I launch update system and it downloads the most important drivers video card and Wi-Fi and synaptic so try to execute update.
Hope you will solve your problems
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation