10-31-2016 04:42 PM
My harddrive died so I bought a new one, but I can't seem to boot from thr cd rom drive.
It doesn't show up in the boot option in the bios,there is no option for cd rom or optical drive in the
legacy boot order.
bios version F.60
Thank you for any help....
10-31-2016 05:36 PM
You're very welcome.
That's the one you want.
Try this...restart the PC and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.
Select the F9 boot options menu and from that select the Upgrade Bay, and hit the enter key.
That would be the only other suggestion I can offer.
10-31-2016 05:42 PM
that was what I did when I picked it in the boot option, how I did it...
I build and repair computers and this is the 1st time that I have seen this,
IIt has me stumped...
10-31-2016 05:44 PM
I have the elitebook 6930p, a 6910p and an nc6400 and they all boot from the multibay when F9 is selected.
I can only assume there is some kind of hardware issue with the drive.
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)