Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Question About Service Hosts

HP Laptop 15-bsoxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I was wanting to know if you could provide a list of all the default Service Hosts that come with the computer brand new,  Also, if someone could give me recommendations on how to reset my registry to its default setting and reset or disable Service Hosts I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Level 15
Level 15
8,996 8,891 727 3,269
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello @asdf32100 

You can find the information on your own by reinstalling Windows. After you perform fresh clean reinstallation, here is how to see the desired information >> https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/what-is-svchostexe-and-why-is-it-running/

With regards to the default registry - same as above, you have to reinstall Windows to have a fresh clean virgin registry. Nothing else would help. Even if you find a way now to restore such a registry condition, you will definitely break your Windows and render it unbootable.

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
0 Kudos
asdf32100
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for this information.

I have done a clean install on my computer before and was not convinced that it completely reset the registry and Service Hosts back to the default selection.

Is there an alternative way that I can have the install done.--a clean installation?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Level 15
Level 15
8,996 8,891 727 3,269
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

@asdf32100 wrote:
(...)

Is there an alternative way that I can have the install done.--a clean installation?

(...)

You can perform clean vanilla installation of a pure Windows - here are detailed instructions how this can happen >> https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/EliteBook-very-slow-after-drive...

Your feedback and update is highly appreciated
*** Click on the button below to accept this advice as a solution if it helped you
*** Don't hesitate to hit the THUMB-UP+ button below to say thanks or give like 
index.png
HP Expert - volunteer - not employed by HP Inc. *** I express personal opinion only. *** IT Commodity and Cyber Security professional *** Location/timezone: Europe
asdf32100
Level 1
8 4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thank you for your advice.  I will take that into consideration.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation