cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RAJSYDNEY
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

RECOVERY FROM ICLOUD NOT WORKING , PROVIDE CORRECT PRODUCT CODE BUT STILL NOT WORKING

HP Recommended
HP PROBOOK 470 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

im using icloud recovery as advised by HP support team to recover/ restore my operation system back to my Hp probook 470 G5 after the HDD crashed. HP support provide the link to download the recovery software which i done but when the screen comes where you need to put the product ID , its not accepting it ( 2WK18PA#ABG) that's my product id but its keep rejecting , i tried removing the suffix and all and tried some other model as well but it's not working.

Now HP is insisting to purchase the flash drive from them for $ 38 + shipping cost. Looks like HP is deliberately made the recovery not work so everyone should pay for it. 

Please advise.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,906 90,783 11,696 25,044
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@RAJSYDNEY 

Please use the followin way:

(a) Create a Windows 10 installation media from the following link

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10

(b) Use the above media to install Windows 10 on your (new) HDD,

(c) Run Windows 10 updates few times,

(d) Go to HP support site(s) to download and install missing driver(s).

Windows 10 will activate using the key embedded in BIOS

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation