Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
PAVILION 14
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Someone please tell me.

I have created my recovery media in Kingston of 32GB. But when i check it back inside of my pen drive only contain 16.6 GB files that was very big different from the original RECOVERY partition from the factory that stated contained 20.84 GB.

PLEASE REFER THESE PHOTOS....

1)

RECOVERY PARTITION FROM FACTORY.JPG

THAT ONE IS RECOVERY PARTITION FROM FACTORY

2)

RECOVERY IMAGE THAT I CREATED.JPG

AND THIS ONE IS THE RECOVERY IMAGE THAT I CREATED

wht they have big different??

please help me faster

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

When it was created it should have done a file check on itself as the last step. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The recovery partition is like a factory...it has all the apps and parts to make recovery media or to restore the computer itself so there is more in there than the recovery disk it "manufactures". The recovery media contains less stuff than the recovery partition in other words. 

HP Recommended

So, am i correctly created the media?

I am scared if one day i will use that usb stick and the machine said that stick do not contain any image or insufficient.

HP Recommended

When it was created it should have done a file check on itself as the last step. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.