Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
X360 310 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community!

I have a problm with screen rotation in x360. Screen randomly rotates (90, 180, 270 degrees) when computer is in place. This problem occures even if I set orientation with ctrl+alt+↑ (temporary fix). Is it possible that sensor is damaged? (in selftest mode this problem is not present. only windows). Disabling HID V2 driver or turning off auto rotation is solution, but i'm looking for source of problem

hp support assistant/widnows update -> no driver updates

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @LittleAmnesia,

Thanks for replying.

As I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having some concerns, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @LittleAmnesia,

Thank you for posting on HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand you are having screen rotation issue on your HP x360 PC. Don't worry we'll work together to find a solution for you,

Let's try these steps here:

Go to Control Panel> Display>Change Display Settings and then make sure that the "Allow the screen to auto-rotate" is selected.

Next thing I would suggest to check the settings in the Registry editor:

Win + R -> type 'regedit' and enter

Registry editor will open up.

Goto path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation

Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.

Restart and Auto rotation will work. 

For more assistance, please go through this support document - Click here

Here's a related post which has helped other customer's: Click here

Let me know how it goes. I'll be more than happy to help.

If you wish to help others looking for the same solution as you've found, mark the post as Accepted Solution.

If you wish to show appreciation for my effort, please click the Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

And I Hope you have a good day, Ahead.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for reply. 

The proposed solution will not help. Screen rotation is working fine. Almost. Problem is in detecion of screen orientation. When laptop is placed on stationary table in standard position (~100 degrees between keyboard and screen) screen is rotating between horizontal and vertical modes randomly (0, 90, 180, 270 degrees)

I already used  HP PC Hardware Diagnostics. Problem not occured during tests (2 hours)

Anyway, I checked forum before posting this problem so common solutions will not work here

HP Recommended

Hi @LittleAmnesia,

Thanks for replying.

As I understand you have tried the steps suggested and still having some concerns, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for available service options. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process: 

Step 1. Open link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp
Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect 
Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options" 
Step 4. Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get phone number 
Case number and phone number appear. 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.