Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14-an006
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi friends, I recently try to upgrade my computer's ram to 16 gb, I bought two ram memories with the exact same specifications (which coincide with the specs my laptop need) and I have test them for errors and used them separately and they work fine, but when I put them together my computer starts having blue screen errors. 

The errors that have appeared on the blue screen are:
HAL_INITIALIZATION_FAILED 0x0000005c
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x1000007f
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a

I have updated the BIOS since some people on forums recommended me that, and I am about to check the voltages of the memories to see if that solves the issue. If you know anything about this I would appreciate your help.

When I take off one of the Rams, the computer works fine. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Hector0219 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting bluescreen errors after installing the ram.

Your computer support only 16GB. Please let me know have you installed a total of 16GB memory. See the manual 

Have you tried to install one memory and checked?

Please test the memory and let us know.

1) Shutdown the computer.  

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to the Component test.  

5) From the list, run the Memory (extensive) test.  

If the memory is faulty, you have to replace the memory.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I tested both, and they were fine. I think it was a problem with the voltage latency, for some reason one was running at a different numbers than the other, anyway I just took it away and leave it with 8 gb, I might buy a kit of 16 gb to try to upgrade it in the future

HP Recommended

@Hector0219 

HP will not recommend to open the laptop and install the ram.

I would suggest you contact the local store and the technician will install the ram and check.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.