Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mersaulty
3 2 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HP Spectre x360 13-inch (2017) heat problems/fan noise

I was wondering if the replaced laptop was any better?

I'm having the same problem and I can't work out if this is just what it sounds like or if there is a problem with the laptop.

Thanks for any feedback!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Whitehouse13
Level 1
4 3 0 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: HP Spectre x360 13-inch (2017) heat problems/fan noise

The replaced laptop seems to perform a bit better (however, not much). I've used it a for a while now and it doesn't seem to get as hot as the first one. However, I think, in general the fan noise and the issues with the heat come with this laptop model (and other ultrabooks as well). From the research I did online, I found that these ultrabooks just get hot because of the combination of the good specs (i7, etc...) with their thiness. There just isn't a better way to get rid of the heat/air flow.

I have decided to keep the Spectre as it seems to be relatively silent (for now) during basic tasks such as browsing, word processing (better than the first one I had). In terms of CPU temperature it stays at about 47-50°C and gets up to 70°C when playing back a 4K YouTube-video. It doesn't seem to reach the same temperatures as the previous one I had (80-90°C, so I do consider the replaced one better than the first one. When playing back a 4K video it does start to take off a little bit, but I've come to terms with that (the laptop is so very fast, that for now I don't mind the added noise/heat).

So, the answer your question: yes, I think it's just what the laptop sounds/feel like (although maybe it differs slightly from laptop to laptop), but I guess it's just what you get with these kind of the high specs stuffed into such a thin design. Unfortunately, there is no way round if you want to get the great performance and portability of this kind of 2-1 laptop atm, but for me the advantage ultimately weigh up to the disadvantages of the heat/fan noise.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation