cancel
Intern
Intern
28 23 0 1
Message 1 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Hibernation wake-up Blue screen SPUVcbv64.sys error

I have had this exact same problem since I purchased this laptop, Spectre X360, 15bl0XX. It has been getting more frequent lately, and is really getting irritating. I like the facial recognition, but I guess the only way to resolve this is to not use this feature.  I have tried several things with no success. I did call HP once with this, and did not really help. It does appear to be a driver issue that for some reason can't seem to be fixed.

18 REPLIES 18
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15871 15862 1047 1709
Message 2 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tkd01,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

When was the last time the computer was working fine?

Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

While you respond to that, I recommend you install the HP support assistant from the below link and install all the available updates for the computer and check whether the issue is resolved.

http://www8.hp.com/in/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_in/en/any/psg/pl...

Here is how it is done.

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

6. Perform any other update management actions as needed.

• Postpone an update: Click Remind me, and then select a time preference.

• Delete an available update: Click the Delete icon  to remove the update from the list and record it in the action log.

• Review updates status: Click Action log below the list to view installed, postponed, or deleted updates.

Let me know how it goes. Awaiting your reply!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
28 23 0 1
Message 3 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have tried various things, and always keep everything updated with the latest updates. I am kind of tired of dealing with this and have not been successfull with this error. I have just disabled my log in password, pin, and facial recognition.  Much easier this way.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
15871 15862 1047 1709
Message 4 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@tkd01,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
8 5 0 10
Message 5 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same issue on two laptops:

HP Elitebook Folio G1

HP X360 i5-6300U

Both are with IR face login camera and issue happens randomly from hybernation.

BSOD reports SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED in SPUVCbv64.sys

I did all windows troubleshooting and reinstalled driver and any other reasonable suggested "walk up and down" suggestion.

This issue looks to have long history and PLEASE HP, instead of walking people arround with useless misguidance, FIX IT once for all as your reputation is at stake. If you still have IR driver development team, contact them to reproduce and fix! If your team is subcontracted, contact them and either demand to fix per support or pay to fix. Either way, please do not ignore this as it is getting very bad for HP reputation!

HFS Top Student
Top Student
2 2 0 3
Message 6 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Agree with Nomen in this thread. I have the exact same problem wilth my Spectre X360. All drivers and software are up-to-date. I followed all the steps that are suggested by HP-staff, but - of course - it does not help. It is a problem with the driver that HP is totally ignoring for (at least) over a year now.

HP: please serve us a solution quickly. Turning off hybernation or facial recognition is not a solution... that would cripple a great (and expensive) device to much.

daf007 Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear HP.

any update on this? there are tons of very simillar or identical issues on the internet and the only answers from your side are just basic school template based advices that are not working at all. The same from the MS side.

Your local support line do not even bother with any deeper analysis and claim it's most probaby HW issue.

Is it really ok to keep your eyes closed, ignoring the customer and deliver such a piece of crap for very premium price?

Sorry for such a tone however I've spend couple days with investigating, log colelction, analysis instead of working on pretty new device :(((

Looking forward to your answer, hope that there will be any solution available.

Best Regards

David

0 Kudos
spuv Top Student
Top Student
3 3 0 3
Message 8 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Of course have the same problem and think it is in the face recognition. Bought the laptop with this option and it just should work. For the moment, below might be a solution. And an indication where HP should make an update.

Internet:

Basically go to Settings, then accounts, then sign-in options, and scroll down under Windows hello, and disable the "automatically dismiss the lock screen if we recognise your face" option.

When this option was turned on, I got the BSOD/crash basically every single day. It was way too annoying. 

After I turned off this option, I didn't get the BSOD/crash not once in the last month! Knock on wood.

Looking forward to a patch in HP support assistant.

Thanks

Karen_k_aus Honor Student
Honor Student
2 2 0 0
Message 9 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for starting this thread. I've been stalking the old threads and forums for months and I'm yet to find a workable solution to this problem.

I started getting the crashing continually about a year after I bought the laptop. It is almost 1.5 years later and I'm now looking to buy another one - and not HP. I've turned off Windows hello for the moment, but would love an acual fix to the issue

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18654 18600 1536 2584
Message 10 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Karen_k_aus I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation