Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinC2
2 1 0 2
Message 21 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Hibernation wake-up Blue screen SPUVcbv64.sys error

I 'fixed' this problem by turning off face recognition in the sign in options.

I prefer having to type in a password to losing my work half of the time.

Martin

spuv
Level 1
4 4 0 4
Message 22 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, found out that HP is constantly monitoring your pc and causing lot of delays. 

I removed HPtouchpoint analytics, WOW it works fine since than and the speed of laptop doubles!!!

(btw: 20 GB of my personal data stored in HP touchpoint).

Try this and you'll be happy.

harry_B
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 23 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They should at least make an IF camera app or something because it renders that piece of hardware I paid for useless . At least add an asterix on the box next to the Windows Hello feature with something like,  **This function may result in unexpected shutdown . Unsaved user files may be lost.

0 Kudos
Roy1231
Level 1
5 4 0 2
Message 24 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think a better warning will be "We make computers with features that cause your computer to crash and we take no responsibility for it nor trying to fix it. good luck".

0 Kudos
harry_B
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 25 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried uninstalling the Windows Hello device under Biometric devices in the Device Manager and installing it again?

I just did. Lets see what happens.

0 Kudos
harry_B
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 26 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Never mind, I got the error again days after. Hey it went a few days without doing it so that's nice. 

0 Kudos
harry_B
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 27 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have mine to dismiss the lock screen automatically. In the last few weeks after running the sfc /scannow , "repairing " 9 files related to windows defender and updating HIDClass I have not gotten this error since. I've heard the surface laptops get this error too so it might be just windows being windows.

0 Kudos
Karen_k_aus
3 3 0 0
Message 28 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have been bluescreen free for over a month by doing what Martin suggested above.

turning off face recognition in the sign in options.

It means I punch in a password or pin code every time, but it is worth it to not have the blue screen or that annoying high pitch noise it sometimes does when it blue screens. There is clearly an error with the windows face recognition and HP compatibility 

0 Kudos
harry_B
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 29 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree, best bet right now is to not use a feature you paid for. Not ideal but it's better than losing unsaved data from a wake bsod.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation