Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 1
16 13 0 0
Message 31 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Re: Hibernation wake-up Blue screen SPUVcbv64.sys error

Make sure your drivers are up to date with the Intel website driver tool too.  I believe this error has to do with Windows Hello not having enough power to work on time after waking up from sleep and unlocking right away. Try recreating the error while plugged in or using Windows Hello after a few seconds you wake from sleep. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 32 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As I said, all drivers are up to date. Also, the laptop is plugged in when this happens. Any other ideas??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 33 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'll try not letting Hello see my face for a few seconds and see if that delay helps. Sometimes it works, but more recently it has increased in problems. Not sure what has changed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 34 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

turn off face recognition in the sign in options.

It is a shame to remove the feature, but really is the only way to stop the blue screening.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 35 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem since 2 days after having worked with this HP Spectre x360 15-bl110nd since Dec 2017 without any problem. The face recognition feature works anyway poorly eg. with backlight from the sun it fails systematically. This also happened, like numerous times before the day before I got into hibernation and did get out with the fail. PC is fully updated and working fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
16 13 0 0
Message 36 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was able to recreate the error while it was plugged in too, but like I mentioned it was while attempting to unlock as soon as the screen came on. I have disabled hibernation mode from elevated cmd and made sure it's not being set through the advanced power options either. It got rid of my hidden 16gb hiberfil.sys file too, so that's nice. I was also having my hard drive not getting recognized on boot so I took it to a repair shop to have it resitted and I haven't gotten either error since. They told me there was a small stain on the hard drive cover. Probably liquid got through the bottom grill while on a surface that wasn't completely dry. Watch out for that too.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 37 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, I have the same issue even after updating all of the drivers and following the recommended plan of action. Can you please send me what I should do to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,508 20,496 1,363 2,022
Message 38 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@anitr320,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details and I would appreciate if you could, perhaps elaborate on your concern.

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the operating system you are using?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
16 13 0 0
Message 39 of 39
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It's been almost a month after getting the hard drive reseated  and I have not gotten the BSOD error and I've been using Windows Hello to unlock exclusively.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation