Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexSad
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Re: my hard was damaged and windows

HP Recommended
Hello. I have the same situation - my hard drive was damaged and all information was lost. But my laptop does not support cloud recovery (I checked on ProductID). How can I get the original Windows?
4 REPLIES 4
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,324 122,501 20,139 30,885
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook came with W10, you can make W10 installation media using the media creation tool at the link below to create bootable installation media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

0 Kudos
AlexSad
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My laptop was with Windows 7
How can I be in this situation?
0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,324 122,501 20,139 30,885
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If your notebook came with W7, and you hadn't previously upgraded it to W10, you will have to reinstall W7.

I have no idea where you are going to find a Russian language version of W7.

0 Kudos
AlexSad
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>>I have no idea where you are going to find a Russian language version of W7.

A very strage answer for an expert. If you know the answer, tell me. If you do not have an answer, it is better to remain silent.

Somehow, there was a licensed Russian Windows on my laptop. Why can't I restore it using the clean install method and my license code ??

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation