05-30-2012 12:53 PM
The computer was running really slow so I restored everything to the factory settings but when it restarted and now everytime I turn it on it goes in a loop it gets to the Microsoft loading bar right before the logo usually comes on, but instead it goes to a gray screen with a command prompt box for startnet.dmc and then it goes back to the screen you can press esc. For startup menu and repeats over and over without fully shutting down or going to a user screen, I've tried doing a recovery again as the same thing happens...is this fixable?
If you need any other info I'm happy to give it ( runs vista)
06-02-2012 09:46 AM
Enter BIOS setup by tapping/holding the F10 key immediately after powering on the laptop.Use Diagnostics to test your hdd.
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)