Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
My laptop crashed and the recover disk that came with it are not working get to 12% the error msg
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This will open a menu where F2 System Diagnostics is an option. Tap F2 key and run the tests.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended
Ok, memory test ok hard drive check ok, thats not the promblem i put disk 1 in and get to 12% then it error out.
HP Recommended

What is the error message you get?

HP Recommended
Copy file fails
From e:\preload\base19.swr
To c:\rm\image\base19.swr
This is disk one and the first time using recover disk..
HP Recommended

The process is unable to copy files to hard drive which could mean it can't read the dvd due to bad disc or faulty cd/dvd drive or it can't write to the hard drive due to damaged sectors. Given the fact your laptop crashed before this I would suspect hard drive needs to be replaced. 

HP Recommended
I was think that so i swap with a new hardrive but get the same error so i was thinking dvd, like i said i have never need to use the recover disk so i guess i need contat HP and see if they would send me a new set
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.