Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-dk0047tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

[content removed]

The cloud recovery keeps failing, I tried resetting bios and have no external devices connected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

The cloud recovery tool either works or it doesn't.

I've had the tool not work for me either.

I clean installed W10, and moved on.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the cloud recovery tool isn't working, the only suggestion I can offer would be to clean install W10, by making bootable installation media using the Media creation tool from the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

You will not need to enter a product key, since the key is in your notebook's BIOS.

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your notebook's support page.

HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0047tx Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

But why it cant be recovered using cloud recovery, can you please check the logs attached in the first post and say?

I used it 2 times previously and it worked fine, but now it only gives error, is it because my warranty got over?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that.

The cloud recovery tool either works or it doesn't.

I've had the tool not work for me either.

I clean installed W10, and moved on.

HP Recommended

Okay it is a solution but i loose paid hevc codecs and preinstalled hp apps arent there like coolsense

HP Recommended

It's not a perfect solution, but it beats the devil out of having an expensive paperweight.

You can download the HP coolsense app from the link below.

HP Notebook PCs - HP CoolSense Technology | HP® Customer Support

You may have to enable Microsoft Net Framework 3.5 in order to install the coolsense software.

To enable Net Framework, go to the windows control panel>programs>turn windows features on or off.

A window will open and the first item that shows up should be Net Framework.

Check the box to install it, restart the PC and install the HP coolsense app.

You can also download the HP support assistant software from the link below.

HP Support Assistant | HP® Official Site

Click on the orange download button at the top right side of the page.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.