06-17-2011 10:56 AM
I have an COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ61 and suddenly is asking me for the bios password.
The message that appear is "ENTER ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD OR POWER ON PASSWORD".
What can i do?
06-24-2011 12:37 AM - last edited on 06-24-2011 08:42 AM by SedonaF
I know some methods to reset bios password.
1. The best and easiest method: Close OS and shut down the electricity power of computer. Open your computer box, take out the cmos battery from the mainboard. Then the bios password will be reset to blank. Put it back after a few minutes.
So I would suggest you the 1st method. Hope it helps.
08-29-2011 12:03 PM
much easier than this..
try to enter the password 3 times.....after the last time you will get a fatal error followed by a code something like CNU etc...
put the code on here and i can give you the password to get in
09-20-2011 03:16 PM
Hi....I got a presario CQ61-313NR notebook and it was working fine until all of a sudden I turn it on and it says to enter Administrator password. I try entering my password 3 times and then it says system Disable, Key: 50807298. Can you help me please
09-20-2011 03:30 PM
salesa you will need to go into the bios more than likely and turn the password off in there as thats where they are normally enabled / disabled.
if you dont do this then you will probably have to enter that code every time
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)