Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Recovery from totally blank SSD drive

HP Recommended
840 G6 HP EliteBook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have three of these laptops, the owner of laptop 1 is an 'enthusiast' user who has been optimising his Windows install.

He has 'optimisied' it so far, it can no longer be booted. 

I was unable to recover using HP recovery manager. This is because the users 'optimisation' included removing the recovery partition.

Is it possible to use HP recovery manager from a usb stick? Can I do this by copying the contents of the recovery partition from one of the good laptops to a USB key?

Thanks - all replies are much appreciated.

K

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OK, I've found the "HP Cloud Recovery" application.

I'm currently downloading the software for my version of laptop to a USB key.

I hope to recreate the HDD using this software.

Before downloading the software, I entered the serial number. Does any know if this USB can only be used to restore the laptop with that serial number? (I have three of exactly the same model and am wondering of I would be able to use the key on others in the future).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20
Level 20
119,919 110,099 17,541 26,825
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

If the PC's have the same product number, the cloud recovery tool will work on all of them.

I have two HP 255 G7 business class notebooks and used the same USB flash drive I created using the tool on both of them.

Worked like a champ.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation