Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Notebook 15bw060sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having issues factory resetting my laptop, cam access desktop as admin when pressing ctrl alt del but access files or make mew accounts. Problem is solved if i do a system refresh which deletes the hp programs which I want to keep. Only getting issues when factory resetting in hp recovery when it is installing the softwares. Attached the screenshots below of the notepad restarting does nothing 

15899133483996100802445194369997.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer if the internal recovery system isn't working, and you don't want to clean install W10, would be to make a bootable recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool.  You will need to have a 32 GB USB hard drive and a working Windows PC for this.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

This is supposed to reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer if the internal recovery system isn't working, and you don't want to clean install W10, would be to make a bootable recovery drive using the HP cloud recovery tool.  You will need to have a 32 GB USB hard drive and a working Windows PC for this.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205

This is supposed to reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your notebook.

HP Recommended

thank you paul for the reply i will try this now and get back to you 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul great news windows is running with some of the hp files just realised that the internal recovery partition is no longer avaliable and neither is hp recovery manager is this something hp stopped doing 

HP Recommended

Hi:

The utility is an enigma.

On some models, it reinstalls the recovery partition and recovery manager--at least that is what I have read from a couple of forum posts.

On others, such as yours, it does not.  It only installs the original OS, drivers and software that came with the notebook, minus the recovery manager/recovery partition.

I used it on two HP 255 G7 business notebooks I got from eBay, and it did what it did to yours.  No recovery partition, no recovery manager.

So, I saved the USB flash drive the cloud recovery tool created in case I need to reset the notebooks again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.