Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have HP victus just bought in Feb.  Now got upgraded to Win 11 but somehow I have a cd game install in there cannot work well with win 11 now I want to reformat back to win 10 how can I reformat it

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello @Vic02 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

(1) Make backup copies of the most important personal files and data to external <USB hard drive>.

(2Downgrade

Please read and follow the guide carefully !

Downgrade from Windows 11 to Windows 10

See Section <How to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 after 10 days>

(3Please report your results

HP Recommended

I need to return this laptop.  HP support has delayed the process but now Amazon will take it back.  The device is full of problems.  HP "upgraded" it to win11 without my conscious assent.  Then, it tried to charge me to move back to win10.  I can't use my programs in win11.  Worse, there is an instability that has plagued the machine since purchase, but it is sporadic.  HP told me to observe it and I followqed their instructions until they told me the warranty was no good any more.  That is very bad support.  there are other issues. 

NOW, ALL I NEED IS TO WIPE MTY DATA FROM THE DRIVE SO I CAN RETURN THIS PIECE OF JUNK TO AMAZON.

PLEASE ADVISE ON HOW TO DO THAT.  I COULD REFORMAT C: BUT I'M NOT SURE IF THAT'S ADEQUATE AND NEED GUIDANCE.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.