Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Elitebook 840r g4
Linux

Hi, Currently I am using hp Elitebook 840r g4. Dual boot (windows 10 with Manjaro).

I usually put my laptop to sleep instead of shutdown. I felt some lag, I thought that It may be because of 

Laptop hasn't been shutdown for a while (1 month approx). Hence I reboot the laptop. But surprisingly After turning on it shows 3f0 error. I tried possible ways to diagnose laptop like Hard reset by holding power button, Default settings in Bios, Tried using legacy and ran quick memory check and Harddisk check. But Nothing works. 

Laptop was working completely fine, Although there was a strange error while shutting down

"Failed in unmounting /run/users/1000". I ignored the error as laptop automatically reboots from there. So i am thinking that both the errors might be connected with each other.

What should I do now? I am thinking of booting from Usb drive to see if i can access harddisk. Is there any other thing that I can do?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@rivalq 

I'm sorry, but HP does not provide support for Linux distros -- including boot and installation issues.

IF you replace the preloaded Windows OS with a Linux distro, or add a Linux distro, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining that -- including solving any problems with booting the other OS and/or installing the other OS.

Modern PCs with UEFI, instead of the older BIOS, are especially difficult to install because you have to go into the UEFI settings and make several changes before you can even boot from a USB stick -- and we are unable to assist in that work.

Your best bet for support now is to contact the support forum of the distro you are using.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

The Hard Disk 3F0 error is generally occurs when hard disk does not support the system boot process. It mainly happens due to incorrect boot sequence, damaged MBR or boot sector, hard drive connection issue, malware attack, corrupt drive partition or damaged hard drive. Further, to fix the error, you can try the below methods:

1. Perform Hard Reset
  2. Reset BIOS default settings
  3. Reset Hard Drive

Hope it helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.