Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (389 Views)

Reset laptop, now laptop isn't working

PLEASE HELP: A few days ago my laptop wasn't working very well. I was exploring my options and decided to reset it. I tried this and it told me there was an issue resetting it, so I tried resetting it again. Now the laptop will not fully turn on. It turns on and displays the hp logo then the screen goes blank. After a few minutes the hp logo displays again. All the function keys work but I can't find a solution. Could it just be the fan? Please help, my laptop is my life. The laptop is an HP Stream Model: 11-r010nr
0 Kudos
Associate Professor
Message 2 of 4 (374 Views)

Re: Reset laptop, now laptop isn't working

[ Edited ]

Try holding the Esc key down while booting and the press F11 to run the system recovery.  If this does not work, you might have to boot from a recovery USB to restore the laptop.  If you did not create one, you can order one from HP.  If this has Windows 10 on it, you can also do a fresh install using the downloadable installation media from Microsoft.

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (329 Views)

I've tried that and it had not worked. I'll try that. How would I go about doing a fresh install?
Associate Professor
Message 4 of 4 (321 Views)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation