07-29-2012 02:00 PM
I own an HP Pavilion DM4-1165DX Entertainment Notebook. Its almost 2 years old. I just bought a brand new laptop for school. I would like to restore this old laptop back to factory settings and resale it but I'm not sure how to do that. I've already backed up my important files and saved them on my new computer. I just basically want to "clean it" and resale it. Any advice would be great! Thank you! Christine
07-29-2012 02:36 PM
You should be able to restore the PC to factory settings by booting it up and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the F11 key to launch the recovery manager.
Follow the on screen instructions to restore the PC to its "out of the box" condition.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)