Tutor
19 10 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Rollback to old BIOS (HP P073Tx)

Hp Pavilion P073Tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After the HP support personal Install BIOS F53 REV A things have gone to hell. The laptop when I put it to sleep or close the lid and reopen the backlight does not switch on. Like the screen works but it's so dark that's impossible to carry out any activity. It's not a graphics driver issue as it works fine on external monitors. 

I think the backlight of the display for some reason does not switch on when the lid is closed or laptop is put to sleep and woken up.

The laptop starts working fine after I remove the battery and keep it for an hour.

Please, can anyone suggest how to rollback to BIOS F43 REV A. I downloaded it but since a new version is installed the BIOS won't change/update.

4 REPLIES 4
Provost Provost
Provost
44529 44265 3320 13909
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Some versions of BIOS will block downgrading BIOS. Have you tried entering BIOS and resetting to Default settings? I believe you tap F5 key once in BIOS to set Default settings. It should tell you in there how to reset to Default settings. Save & Exit when reset.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
aviben1994 Tutor
Tutor
19 10 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Let me try
0 Kudos
aviben1994 Tutor
Tutor
19 10 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would still be with F53 wont i?
0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
44529 44265 3320 13909
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It won't rollback BIOS version but resetting to Default settings may undo some changes that were made with new BIOS.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation