Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

can you show me how to do that because i cant even get into bios because of this thing the computer wont boot f9,f10,f12 wont work

HP Recommended

I get this message when my Presario CQ71 boots up.  As a result, my installation of Windows 7 now says that it is unlicensed.  The license label affixed to the bottom of the laptop is, naturally enough because it is a laptop, worn away so that the product code is unreadable.  I've tried reloading the O/S from the restore partition but get the same error message.  How can I resolve this problem which occured through no fault of mine?

HP Recommended

I got that message on Booting
Serial Number Not found

my laptop is
Compaq Presario CQ61-360EV

Serial {Personal Information Removed}
Product VJ375EA#ABV
Model CQ-360EV

waiting for ur help

HP Recommended

Hi, I have same problem here, can you please help me???

s/n [Personal Information Removed]

p/n VW504PA#ABG

HP Recommended

Hi, my HPdv4-2145dx went bad,:mansad: It was out of warranty, so I purchased an exact Motherboard per PartNumber;

and also CPU(per part number). I replaced the motherboard/CPU and started it up, I didn't have the recovery disc, so I used my Windows 7 OS disc, then downloaded the drivers from HP.com. Everything works great. However, at first boot up, the message appears that the info for the "Product Name; Serial number; product number are missing". How can I add this info back into my Bios, so I don't get this prompt everytime? Just installed this new motherboard/CPU a week ago. Anyone that can help it will be greatly Appreciated. Thanks

HP Recommended
Hi, My dv4-2145dx is doing this same thing. so how do get the "HP DMI" tool. so I can add this info in my Bios?
thank you
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. DId you manage to get yours resolved?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Did you manage to get yours resolved

HP Recommended

HP G71 339 is a 3 years old Notebook computer and has always operated perfectly.

One day my wife used it on and there is a msg that says Serial number not found and our copy of Windows is not genuine? WHAT? This windows 7 is pre installed so how can it not be a genuine copy?

I have tried restoring the factory preloaded windows 7. It failed to work and just stopped during installation.

I have logged into the BIOS screen by pressing ESC at start up selected f10.

InsydeH2O Setup Utility Bios Ver F.11; Bios Vendor Insyde; Serial # (blank); UUID # (all zeros); Product config ID (all zeros);

Factory installed OS; non-Vista. I checked the internet if other people are experiencing this and we are not alone in this problem. As this appears to be a product issue rather than Windows or end user. How to fix this without sending the unit in for repair?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem. I was using my computer normally until one day, during boot this error message "Serial not found" appeared. Then, thanks to that, the windows can't identify it as being original and keeps telling me that's not genuine (a real pain in the a**). A system recover or windows reinstallation doesn't fix this problem. I did some research on the internet and the only possible solution to this issue is rewriting the serial number and product number by flashing it to the BIOS with a software called "HP DMI Tools". This tools are not distributed to final costumer but it's possible to find it on the internet. I didn't made the procedure yet because 1) it's dangerous and 2) didn't find a decent tutorial the explains step by step how to do it, but as soon as I made it I'll post the results. I don't know why the HP employees here at the forums hide this information that appears to be the real solution to this problem.

Shame on you HP!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.