Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My screen randomly starts flickering just on the extreme right-hand side.......from top to bottom, about 1 cm wide......but it slightly affects the rest of the screen when it's happening. I've attached a photo to show what I mean......driving me mad !!! Oh, why have the photos gone upside down ???.......hope you can see the issue.20190619_154256[1].jpg20190619_161025_001[1].jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Phil_Watts-, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Check if you get the same issue in BIOS. Follow the steps below:

1) Shutdown the computer. 

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 

3) Press F10 once for BIOS.

Also, try connecting to an external monitor and see if the issue occurs. Follow the steps in this document.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. A nice lady from HP Support in Portugal tried the bios thing remotely from her office hundreds of Kilometres away.....amazing......but no joy.  IT seems ok when I plug the laptop in to my TV although because the problem is on the extreme right of the laptop screen, maybe I can't see it on the TV !!! ....... but I'm fairly sure when I use the TV it's ok.

The HP lady also remotely uninstalled drivers etc etc and then re-installed but that didn't work.

Now HP want my laptop to go away for 2 weeks......which is very difficult for me.

Someone must have a solution somewhere......I hope !!!

Many thanks.

HP Recommended

@Phil_Watts-

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.  

Have a great day ahead! 

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.