Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (900 Views)

Screen says: Select boot image did not authenticate

[ Edited ]

I get the error of selected boot image did not authenticate. Press enter to continue. And i do and the screwn goes black

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (803 Views)

Re: Screen says: Select boot image did not authenticate

Hi @Quinnklein

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand you the error - "Selected boot image did not authenticate" and you want to retrieve your data,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Which Operating system do you have installed on the PC?

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here (or is that, what you are referring to?)

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (791 Views)

I just need to know what to do and to have my laptop work for work
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (703 Views)

Hi @Quinklein ,

It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh , but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 
I'm the Barachiel & I'm at your service. 

Thank you for responding,
It's great to have you back Smiley Wink

Follow the steps below:

Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu. Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive.

Keep me posted with the results. Smiley Happy

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Brachiel
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation