cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
19 8 0 2
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Seeking Win 10 Pro drivers for old DV7 Entertainment Laptop (2011)

HP Recommended
Pavilion DV7 - Win 10 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have been experiencing an unusual problem with my old (but still running like a champion) DV7 laptop.  I get performance/CPU/Memory/Power "ramp ups" or "surges" that happen then mysteriously start to resolve and eventually stop when I open my task manager.  This is happening on my old Win 10 Home installation and still intermittently happening even since upgrading to Win 10 Pro installation on a new SSD.  This has lead me to a person suggesting I try to install specific drivers from HP instead of the generic drivers that get installed by Windows and Windows Updates.  I checked the page for my laptop and the OS list does not go past Win 7 64 bit (I have a 64 bit machine) and says they do not have downloadable drivers for my OS.  Can anyone elaborate or direct me to how to obtain specific drivers for my laptop for Win 10 Pro 64 bit?  I would also enjoy input on the performance ramp up issue.

FYI - I have an exported text file of my sysinfo if anyone would be interested.

Thank you,

Wonder Woman

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,109 11,095 610 450
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Wonder-Woman

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

HP PCs manufactured before August of 2013 might not have a complete set of hardware and/or drivers required to use all of the features in Windows 10.

· HP is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for these PC products.

· If you choose to use Windows 10 some features, applications, and connected devices might not work as expected.

· If you still wish to proceed with using Windows 10 on an untested system, please visit the Windows support site (in English) for information and support.

· Already running Windows 10 on an untested device? To find available drivers for these products, see Where Do I Find Windows 10 Drivers and Software for My Model?

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05195282

We recommend you obtain - https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/bph07143  recovery media and revert to factory shipped OS.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation