06-13-2019 01:45 AM
Help please my laptop worked fine and out of nowhere is says at power up" selected boot image did not authenticate press enter to continue." Please help I have thousands of family pictures saved on it. Thank you
06-15-2019 01:52 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
- What is the operating system?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
While you respond to that, let's try this workaround:
- Reboot the notebook and press F10 until the BIOS loads.
- Check both the "boot options" and "secure boot configuration" sections for the ability to disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Boot Support.
- Disable Secure Boot and enable Legacy Boot Support.
- Save the changes and reboot the notebook.
- Verify whether the issue is resolved and post the result.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee