Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 17 notebook pc
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Failure id #

MOEE BQHAA88 MFPWXF 60VMO3

SLOW!!! on any process, can not open apps on screen clock has stopped at 7:03am this morning.

Able to Open task manager. No open apps, cpu appears to be functioning (1% about 1.5 GHz) memory 37%, disk 0 (C:D:) 100%, disk 1 (F:) 0%, wifi occasional activity.

I have data on c drive I need to recover

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If the hard drive is/has failed, then it mostly is a loss of data.  Run the Diagnostics to find out.

To run the Diagnostics routine, start tapping the Esc key and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Already done, that is how I got the failure id#. 

It does not appear to be similar to common DST ID# that I have seen in other discussions

HP Recommended

From what I have seen the failure ID does not seem to repeat between various PC's.  So it seems it just generates a code, and they are not identifiable to a specific error.  But put it in here and the model number to see what that reports.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/eas/failureId?origin=gbudiagsite

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your attention to this, genuinely appreciated.

I Input the Error code and no real new information.

Is there other information that would be useful to report?

Is there anything I can do from task manager? I have desktop open but every process I have tried stalls (excepting task manager).

HP Recommended

With a failing hard drive, it needs to be replaced.  If you get it accomplished before it fails, the better, then you can save any data you might want/need.  If it fails, the all is lost.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Got it.

So my best move is to power down and take it into a service center to see if they can recover data and replace drive?

HP Recommended

If you are not doing the work yourself, then that is a good idea.  As far as I know, an HP service center will not save your data, but a local repair shop should be able to do that.  You can try the data recovery your self, if you choose.  But if you take it to a shop, make sure they attempt to do the data backup first before trying to do any other repairs.  OR to give you the old hard drive.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.