Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion g series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

During the past week or so my PC has slowed down to a snails pace. I have done all the usual checks, defrag, clean up, emptied trash/recycle bin. Checked internet connection. All done. No difference, my screen keeps crashing as well.

No joy with HP support.

HELP.... Ian.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @findlow47

Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.

It seems something has changed in your PC, which causes the slowing down issue. Do you remember performing some change on your side such as hardware upgrade/change, software update, Windows update, anything ?

Would you elaborate on exactly what is slowed down and to what extent compared to before ?

Depending on what might have changed and how, you might first try using Microsoft System Restore to restore back the PC to a previous state before the issue started. This will not affect your personal files. I suggest you read this article >> https://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03327545

and attempt to restore to a restore point about 1-2-3 days before the date when the issue started.

Let me of any changes , if you managed to start it and if it works for you. Provide feedback/reply and don't hesitate to post if something is not clear.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Many thanks for your previous message. Since "restoring" my PC it has most certainly speeded up and back to its usual self.

The other problem still persists! The screen on my Pavilion g series laptop is consistantly flashing on and off. I have to keep moving the screen back & forth to get the picture back. I have not been lifting or moving the PC by the screen.

Can you offer any assistance to put it right?

Regards... findlow47 

HP Recommended

Hi @findlow47

If you just move the mouse to restore back the picture, this is most likely a software problem

However, if you move the entire display of the laptop, this is a hardware problem - could be a loose connection/cables - unfortunately, ou will need to get the PC repaired by a professional service technician.

If a software problem, you can take a look at the Power Options in Control Panel >> https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/9090/learning-windows-7-manage-power-settings/

Hope this helps and answers your query. Let me know if you need further assistance - happy to help.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Cheers for that, will try your suggestions otherwise its off to the "doctors!"

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.