04-19-2017 01:15 PM - edited 04-19-2017 01:34 PM
I have an EliteBook 8560p running Win 7 (64 bit). Every minute I see a pair of errors in my event log, one from HP Support Framework:
and one from the HP Power Assistant:
CASL Error! Event PMC.Data didn't return XmlDocument; returnedSystem.Byte
They are always in pairs. Can anyone help?
Framework Version is 188.8.131.52 or maybe it's 184.108.40.206
Power Assistant version is 220.127.116.11
04-20-2017 10:19 PM
Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum.
HP Support Assistant, HP Support Framework and HP Power Assistant can all be uninstalled form your PC. If they (or some of them) causes you issues, just go to Control Panel > Programs and features and uninstall them.
While these programs may be helpful in some situations, your PC will run just fine even without them. Windows itself will continue to manage the updates or the power management.
* If my comment helped you, please, accept this post as a solution
---------------- Best wishes, IT_WinSec ----------------
I do not work for HP Inc. I express personal opinion only.
I work as consumer support technician, cyber security engineer, network support specialist
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)