Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (448 Views)

Spectre x2 detachable 12-a009nr will not turn on

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have had the spectre x2 detachable 12-a009nr for less than one week.  My son was using the notebook, then left it alone for a few hours and now it will not turn on. I have attempted to charge it, still will not turn on. Is there any way to do a hard reset or some sort of reset while it is not on?

0 Kudos
Regents Professor
Message 2 of 4 (427 Views)

Re: Spectre x2 detachable 12-a009nr will not turn on

Hello mjtwitch,

Welcome to FORUM !!

Please try this documenthttp://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01684768

You might want to take a look at this document: Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge.

It suggests troubleshooting steps to determine if the problem is the battery, the power supply, or the system board.

You might find the answer to your battery/power issue as you work through the steps in that HP support article.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (410 Views)

Thank you, I have verified the AC adaptor is the correct one for this computer. I know that the issue is not the battery, or its ability to hold a charge because it will not power on when connected or disconnected. this model does not have an external battery that can be removed.

Regents Professor
Message 4 of 4 (405 Views)

Hello mjtwitch,

Thank you for your reply !!

For me this seems like a Hardware issue, and I strongly recommend you to Contact HP Technical Support over the Phone for further assistance without any delay to get your Notebook diagnosed and serviced by an authorized HP Certified Engineer

Verify the warranty status here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/checkwarranty 

GOOD LUCK !!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation