Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13-aw0xxx (13-aw0013nl)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a Spectre x360 13-aw0xxx (13-aw0013nl) that today upgrade the bios to F.26 via Windows Update.

After the update, the notebook can't charge via my Monitor (LG 34WK95U-W) via its thunderbolt cable that is used for the video signal too (the cable charge another notebook). The Spectre x360 still charge via the standalone charging cable.

I tried to rollback the bios via the integrated bios rollback function but it tells me that the previous version is corrupted.
I tried to flash the F.15 that there is on the HP website but doesn't allow me to rollback.
Curiously the F.26 can't be found on the HP website. Maybe they know there is a bug on it? (update: now it is available) Anyway, as result now I can't use my external screen to work all day long 😞 

Can someone suggest to me how to rollback to F.15 or how to fix the issue?

Thanks,
Mauro

Update: Integrated keyboard becomes laggy if I attach it to the thunderbolt. No issue with the BT one.

22 REPLIES 22
HP Recommended

I think I have a very similar issue.

Also F.26, also an LG external monitor - but I can still charge the notebook battery via the USB-C cable.

My issue is: the USB-C connection causes laggy keyboard input and missed keystrokes.

Have you found any solution?

HP Recommended

Hi, nope, no solution from HP yet!!!

The support is very kind, they call me almost every week but, till now we're more gaining time while maybe some new FW would come out 😞 There is not a solution for it yet.

Last week they requested me some in-depth info collected via one of their tools. This week they requested the full System Information log... Hopefully, we will come to a solution soon. In one week they will be two months since that huge problem started!!!

I suggest you to open a ticket with them as well.

P.S. I edited the original message because I have laggy keyboard as well when connected to the monitor via TB3. However, no lag using an external Bluetooth keyboard.

HP Recommended

I just swiched the DisplayPort version from 1.4 to 1.2 in the LG monitor's settings and this seems to have helped - you may want to give it a try.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately my monitor is sort of 5k, so I need dp 1.4 😞

HP Recommended

Same issue here with a x360 13-aw0023dx and a Samsung C34J791WTN monitor. I updated bios to F.26 yesterday and now the laptop only charges with the standalone charging cable. I was having some thunderbolt issues before and was hoping the new bios would help, but it seems to have only made the problems worse.

HP Recommended

Do you also have keyboard lag / missed keystrokes? 

HP Recommended

No, I haven't noticed keyboard lag--I'm using a bluetooth logitech keyboard. And as an update, I think my Thunderbolt is working/charging again (for now). Here is what I did:  I opened Device manager and uninstalled both devices under "Batteries" (Microsoft AC Adapter and Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery) and I also uninstalled any grayed-out USB controllers (select "Show hidden devices" in the "View" menu to see hidden devices). Then I did a hard reset by holding the power button down for at least 15 seconds. After starting back up the monitor was charging the laptop again.

Unfortunately, I had the do the above song and dance every few days prior to the most recent Bios update to keep everything working as it should. Clearly the bios are still buggy.

HP Recommended

Nope, it didn't help - the issue just returned 😞

HP Recommended

I think that was the illusion when you attach the TB3 cable, that windows tell you it is charging... And then after 5-10 minutes, it tells you it isn't actually charging 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.