Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Been having the message for long time. I even got the fan replaced although the new one is not genuine. I still get the error and my laptop even shutdowns while I'm gaming. If I game on 30 to 35 fps it doesn't shut down but if I do above it shutdowns a few seconds later. I even use a cooling pad. I know the fans operating correctly the system thinks it's not cuz it's not genuine. Any way on how to turn the error and the shutdowns off...(more importantly the shutdowns, and also if doing that would affect anything)other than replacing the fan with genuine one.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
The System 90b error indicates that a problem exists related to the heat removal system. One of two possible events is occurring:
  • The system fan is not spinning or not spinning properly.
  • The temperature inside the case is too high and the fan cannot spin fast enough to remove the heat.
This error message occurs to help prevent costly damage to the computer.

The first thing you should look for any pending BIOS update for your Laptop. You can find the latest BIOS update for your system from the HP website.
You can also clean the Air Vents and CPU Fans.
If the issue persists, try to hard reset the system. This will only reset thermal values and enable you to use the system again without any error.
Or before that, you can try the steps in the post.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.