01-01-2010 11:31 AM
A virus from platinum-antivir.net has attacked my son's notebook. Cannot connect to the internet. Windows system restore has no recovery points and I can't enter a prior date. No CD drive for a recovery disk. Can't perform restore from startup in Safe mode - F8 is not working.
Does this model have a recovery process similar to what is available on the HP desktops? Don't see anything under Start > HP or a PC Help & Tools tab. Are there any other solutions? Can I change the configuration in the services menu for System Recovery? Right now, it says Startboot > Minimal.
01-06-2010 07:10 PM
You should be able to access the restore features during reboot.
I believe its the F11 on most HP products, but you will see something along the lines of "Select boot options - Press *Button*". After that just follow the prompts. Just so you're aware, it will erase all your data.
01-14-2010 07:50 PM - edited 01-14-2010 07:51 PM
Download, install and check Your system with:
a) Nod32 trial
Download from there first and install Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.6.2.
When You will do that download and install Detection updates.
Informations how to install and use Spybot You will find here.
If You may enter this forum then You may download this programs and just copy them on Your mini with flash drive without any problems.
12-08-2010 07:43 AM
I have the same problem with my nieces mini. I have Malwarebytes, AVG, and Glary Utilities already installed on this machine, ( these were in place when infection occurred ). The virus or whatever is on it will either allow the software to run but race through the process providing a false " no problems found / you are protected ", or not allow it to run at all. I tried loading Spybot Search & Destroy , and a fresh install of Malwarebytes on my flash drive and installing but virus will not allow EXE. to run. Please help if you can, I have a sad little girl on my hands.
02-14-2011 03:10 PM
For malwarebytes to run , you need to run th emachine in safe mode. Restart the machine and hit F8 , select option safe mode with networking and then run the scan .
Secondly if you still cannot go online .. post the error
02-14-2011 09:46 PM
- Press the power button to turn on the HP Mini.
- Press and hold down the f6 key to open the Windows Boot Manager, use the down arrow key to select Roxio BackOnTrack , and then press the enter key to open Roxio BackOn Track.
- Click Start , All Programs , Roxio , BackOnTrack , and then BackOnTrack Home to open Roxio BackOn Track.
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
07-10-2011 01:07 AM
01-24-2012 07:15 AM
Advice needed please! I can literally not get past the black screen at the moment
- HP PCs - How to Change or Reset Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - How to Reset Your Computer to Factory Settings (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)