Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15-f162dx Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I HAVE HP 15-f162dx NOTEBOOK PC IN WHICH I AM TRYING TO CREATE RECOVERY DVD DISKS IN "HP RECOVERY MANAGER", BUT IN THE "HP - CREATE RECOVERY MEDIA" THEIR IS NO OPTION TO CREATE DVD. REQUEST EARLY RESOLUTION.

REGARDS 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK.

I can't see that as an actual issue or problem.  The ability to create recovery media was part of the purchase and you do have the ability to create recovery media. 

Why do you not use the USB flash drive option?

The usb recovery flashdrive is superior to the DVD recovery disk set in  a number of ways.

1) A usb flash drive cannot be damaged by simply scratching it on the surface, unlike the DVDs in a recovery disk set. One scratch on the label side of disk #1 and the whole set is rendered useless.

2) A recovery, when done from a usb flash drive takes less than an hour, whereas a recovery done with a recovery disk set can take up to four hours. 

3) Not all DVD media can be used to create reliable DVD recovery media.

4) DVD media can be easily destroyed by heat, if you happen to live in a region of the world where temperatures are normally high.

5) Creating usb recovery media takes less than an hour, compared to the time it would take to make a DVD recovery disk set. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Did you purchase the notebook second hand?

If there is no option to create recovery media, it means that recovery media has already been created.

HP only allows for the creation of one set or type of recovery media. That was stated at the time the media was created.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Dear Sir,

This is a brand new laptop and not a second hand. I have not yet created a single set of recovery disks nor a recovery USB Flaash Drive. When i am opening the " HP- Recovery Media Creation" window then it is showing that "You are allowed to ceate one set of recovery media" and then i have ticked the option "I Agree". After that the window is showing the USB Flash Drive and not the DVD option. Even the USB Flash Drive window is not active, that means i can't even procced with the USB Flash Drive option also. Request early resolution

Regards.

HP Recommended

OK.

I can't see that as an actual issue or problem.  The ability to create recovery media was part of the purchase and you do have the ability to create recovery media. 

Why do you not use the USB flash drive option?

The usb recovery flashdrive is superior to the DVD recovery disk set in  a number of ways.

1) A usb flash drive cannot be damaged by simply scratching it on the surface, unlike the DVDs in a recovery disk set. One scratch on the label side of disk #1 and the whole set is rendered useless.

2) A recovery, when done from a usb flash drive takes less than an hour, whereas a recovery done with a recovery disk set can take up to four hours. 

3) Not all DVD media can be used to create reliable DVD recovery media.

4) DVD media can be easily destroyed by heat, if you happen to live in a region of the world where temperatures are normally high.

5) Creating usb recovery media takes less than an hour, compared to the time it would take to make a DVD recovery disk set. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.