Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

@irayan Creating one on the device with the corrupt OS may not be the best way forward, I recommend you order one from HP using the link I shared earlier, or I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear HP employee.  I'd like to be agree with you that my laptop OS is corrupted, but I can't because you don't answer my question why my laptop OS stay firm  when it's not online and why it get crashed in few minutes when it get connected to Internet?  So I repeat my story with the hope you or anybody answer these questions. 

I loved my HP Pavilion x360 till about 2 months after the warranty ended. The warranty ended on April 2020, and on beginning of June 2020 it became impossible to use the laptop because it gets crashed - blank screen, no possibility to recover. First time it got crashed I reinstalled Windows 10, connected it to Internet, installed Total Security and 10 minutes after it got crashed the same way as before. I reinstalled Windows many times after and find out one interesting fact: Windows isn't crashed when it's not connected to the Internet and get crashed in few minutes when it gets connected to the Internet and no any protection able to protect it. It's beyond protection. I have 2 more computers: one not HP with Windows 10 and another MacBook Pro. They work good for years despite their warranty ended years ago. All 3 computers use the same WiFi access point. So, why these two not HP computers are not affected with such strange hacking, but only HP laptop is affected? I appreciate in advance somebody helps me to solve the problem. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@irayan,

What type of internet connection are you using? (Broadband, cable or Mobile hotspot)

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I use Cable Internet Connection.  Cheers!

HP Recommended

@irayan,

Do you use a wired or wireless connection? (I mean is the computer connected to the router using an Ethernet cable or Wirelessly)

Meanwhile, I recommend you run a test on the wireless card following the steps in the below article.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259

Let me know the result.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I use wireless connection.  I ran extensive test for few hours and it didn't show up any system errors.  Would you, please, tell me if I install Windows and do not connect the laptop to Internet there is not any problem.  Windows OS stays firm till I connect the laptop to Internet and then Windows is crashed in 15 to 45 minutes.  Does such say that the cause of the crash is some kind of hacking, but not the corruption of Windows OS?   Unfortunately, nobody of HP employees answer this question.  Hope you will.  Thanks

HP Recommended

@irayan Could be either a firewall or antivirus program issue, conflicting with the connection, could you check if you've installed more than one antivirus or firewall program on your device? and if you are using the HP shipped OS or is it a retail copy of windows on the device?

Keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The laptop is HP Pavilion  x360 with HP Windows installed that was bought at Best Buy store.   The matter is the hack works beyond any protection,  no Kaspersky Total Security, no firewall able to protect it.  First time Windows OS was crashed despite Kaspersky Total Security protection.  When I reinstall Windows (I did it many times) and connect to the Internet it doesn't give me time to complete the installation of Kaspersky Total Security.   No hacker may watch my laptop such way, I may assume it's automatic watcher with some feedback from the laptop.  I would repeat that Windows OS stay firm indefinitely long when it's not connected to Internet.

HP Recommended

@irayan If you are sure this is a hacker, you may want to check the the local police and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Reply to Riddle_Decipher.  You're the HP Employee & and you , for sure, saw the warranty on my HP laptop ended, so I'm unable to use HP Technical Support Options.  I ask you many times question that I repeat for you:  "Why Windows OS stay firm when the laptop is offline, but crashes in few minutes after the laptop get Online?".  Is it not there obvious answer to this question?  What a hacker would be interested in crashing my laptop Windows OS, put special server for watching computers with the feedback from?  Who may pre-install &  program it on server and on computer?  It, obviously, isn't possible for even very experienced hacker alone, but is possible for strong, rich firm to do it in order to force buyers to throw unusable staff and buy new and such way to make more profit.  Now I regret I didn't prolong the warranty.  I'm not going to check with local police.  Sincerely.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.