Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 2570p

I have changed the notebook HDD replacing it with a new SSD expecting to boot from the DVD drive where there is a windows 10 educational EnglishInternational X64 boot disk. The machine not only doesn't boot which is logical but even it doesn't enter bios to change the boot order for example. Only appears a black screen asking to press F2 because is an error 3F0. I have done in the low-level HP Diagnostics UEFI hard drive check, quick check to get the 24 digit code but the result is no code at all instead a message that says: " SMART Check :  NOT AVAILABLE / Short DST  :  NOT AVAILABLE" and that is all.

The I have tried what is suggested in the followign page:

prometeo20081_0-1632680295783.png

I couldn't enter in the F9 menu but in the F10 instead and I did Restoring BIOS to factory defaults. One message telling me that I will lose information and I accepted. Then a message to flush TPM I accepted because there wasn't any way back. I was scared that if I changed my mind and I would like to return former HDD I would need to reformat it and do a windows clean installation.

That still not solved the problem. PLEASE HELP! I am doing a usb windows 10 installation but I could chose the windows 10 education so let see.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The problem is in the "BIOS Firewall(?)" I can not penetrate so the USB pen drive didn't help to show the same behavior. I returned to the old HDD crossing my fingers that still worked. In the beginning, the same HP Diagnostics UEFI black screen showed up but I could hear the computer booting, I exited this black screen and windows 10 was booting. I still need to check all the apps but VSCode seems to work. Happily, I only lost my time. Anyway, can you help me to penetrate the BIOS Firewall?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.