Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion X360- 13s052sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When I boot up my device, it tells me the following information is missing from the systemboard:

Product Number

Serial Number etc... (4 things missing in total)

Also the touchscreen on my device has stopped working since I tried to update driver for pen compatability, I have reset my laptop and nothing is working still. Please help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @OisinD3, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand the touchscreen on your PC is not functioning and system information is missing from your PC.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Was the system board on your PC replaced?

If the system board was replaced on your PC then the system information will be erased from the BIOS.

You have to contact HP support and get the service options.

To troubleshoot touch screen issues try the steps recommended below.

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device.
If the option to enable the device is included in the menu, click Enable.

Reinstall the original touch screen device driver that came installed on your computer using the following steps:
In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
The touch screen device is labeled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device and select Uninstall.

Confirm the uninstallation.
Restart the computer to reinstall the touch screen driver.
If the touch screen still does not respond after reinstalling the driver, continue to the next step.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot touchscreen issues with your PC.

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
When the touchscreen stopped working, I tried all these steps but the driver isn't there in my HID's at all in the first place and I can't find it available to download on the drivers available for my laptop on the HP website.

This led me to a bit of a desperate meltdown and I tried to rollback to BIOS in hope it'd fix it, but something must have gone wrong as system information was all wiped.

How do I go about contacting Hp and getting the service options?
HP Recommended

@OisinD3, Thanks your response and time.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned even after rolling back BIOS did not fix the problem.

The system board has to be certaintly tatooed to put the system information into it.

So please contact HP and get the support options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 

Take Care! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.