Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

(There's a TL:DR down there btw) So, I got some malware on my laptop which had shut it down. It wasn't bricked because it had restarted, but I force shutdowned it because I got some bitcoin mining virus, and I didn't want my CPU or GPU to be used and potentially fried. I then snooped around a little, and had concluded that I needed to return my Windows 10 to its original state. I had picked all the options that would clear all my files, including personal ones, and then sent it on its merry way.

However when I woke up, it was stuck at 52%. It was stuck like this before I went to sleep as well. And so I did more research and force shutdowned it again. But this time when it booted, I was greeted with:

Tpm Ppi

A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM (Trusted Platform Module)

WARNING: Clearing erases info stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys.

I now have two options: to either accept or reject this.

What are your thoughts on what I should do? Do I press reject and instead go in the HP recovery tools? (Probably should have done that in the first place). And what should I do after? Some help would be appreciated. Thanks!

TL:DR: Tried to factory reset my laptop, got stuck at 52%, force shutdown, Tpm Ppi screen popped asking to either accept or reject. Thinking of saying reject and going into Troubleshooting to make a system recovery instead, but I wanna hear your thoughts on what to do.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.